This classic David vs Goliath match is chalked with glimpses of modern Jiu-Jitsu in its early stages. Thanks to Budo Videos for putting this up.
- From open guard Cobrinha uses proactive hip movement to outmaneuver the bigger immovable Tussa
- Cobrinha uses leg entanglements to become the base of a much larger opponent who he would have no hope of actually moving- so he moves himself [under him]
- When threatened by Tussa's sprawl and stack, Cobrinha displaces his head underneath Tussas hips (aka inversion) to ball up recover the leg entanglement
- Notice how IBJJF rules cause them to make the insane choice of not figure four'ing their leg to protect the heel hook from 50-50. Sheesh.
- The first cryangle ever pulled off at the black belt level in competition, as far as I know. Pretty cool.
- Goliath sometimes wins :/